Saturday, May 3, 2008

One Camera at Three Rivers

This week I found out about two more places to find nesting pairs of bald eagles, so when the sun finally came out this afternoon I took off in search of Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area just north of Baldwinsville. Of course I didn't know the name of it when I set out - all I had was a vague set of directions. It took awhile to find the right spot but sure enough I found mom and pop eagle. The nest was in a tall tree on a small island in the middle of a pond and about twice as far from the observation deck as the nest in Mud Lock. But it was a chance to try out the new camera. The pictures I took came out pretty good but I still have a lot to learn about the camera. I got some pictures of other birds too - an eastern wood peewee (pictured at left), an eastern phoebe, and a couple other birds I haven't identified yet. Next on my wish list: a good pair of binoculars!

1 comment:

Sarah C. O'Neill said...

This is a pretty good picture, it's rather crisp and sharp, which depending on how far away you were from the subject, is impressive...and the bird is cute.