Monday, May 19, 2008

There's Always Something to See at Montezuma

Saturday - cool, breezy, threatening clouds, off-and-on rain. Still we saw plenty of birds and not just geese and ducks as we've seen on previous days this spring. At least one lifer for me - a Redhead (noooooo, not Lucy - think duck). Red-winged blackbirds are always everywhere around the preserve but of course since we decided to try to photograph their brilliant colors, they did not want to cooperate. Eventually I got some good photos. Also snapped shots of a blue-winged teal, great blue heron, goslings, and a dunlin who looked to be "singin' in the rain." At mud lock the month-old eaglets sat atop the nest with mom and pop keeping watch from adjacent trees. Some of the photos aren't great quality but it's nice to have a record of what I've seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love the picture of the Dunlin - A lifer for me for sure - and it seems to be singing on one leg! Its also much clearer quality than my 800 ISO shots were.

I also really like the RWBB. Just looks great in there among those white flowers. Beautiful shot. Honestly.

They look great. It was a good day!